Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Online_Assignment_#2_Mueller


   My VALS primary categorization was experiencer and my secondary categorization was achiever. Young, enthusiastic, and impulsive are all words that describe an Experiencer. The survey describes Experiencers as “quickly become enthusiastic about new possibilities” which is an accurate assessment of how I feel about new opportunities when they are presented. VALS also describes Experiences as being young, enthusiastic, and impulsive consumers. The first two words can be used to illustrate my attributes, but I am far from an impulsive consumer. I am very thrifty and think through all my purchase, so I would have to disagree with this assertion. To elaborate on the types of consumer VALS describes Experiences as being, they are supposed to be “avid consumers and spend a comparatively high proportion of their income on fashion, entertainment, and socializing.” This is inaccurate as it pertains to me except for socializing. To me, clothing and entertainment are not very important things for me to spend my money on, but I do spend money on socialization. 
   
   My secondary description was being an Achiever. Achievers are “motivated by the desire for achievement…have goal-oriented lifestyles and a deep commitment to career and family. This is an absolutely perfect depiction of the person I am. My family and I are extremely close, and I am very much goal oriented with the idea of getting to a certain place in my career. Achievers are often “interested in a variety of time-saving devices” according to VALS. This is also a very accurate                          portrayal of how I live my life. I look for anyway to save time because I am always busy and on the go.         

   Overall, I think this VALS assessment was pretty truthful as to the type of person I am. I think I fit the achiever description more than an Experiencer, but both are accurate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment