Monday, October 28, 2013

Online Assignment #2_Kayla


My VALS primary categorization was experiencer and my secondary categorization was innovator. I definitely think that experiencer suits me better. Experiencers are described as young, enthusiastic, and impulsive consumers, which I would say fits me quite well. Experiencers are also described as “seeking variety and excitement, savoring the new, the offbeat, and the risky”. I wouldn’t say that I’m constantly seeking variety and excitement, as I do prefer a fairly consistent schedule and laid back quality to my life. However, I do think I’m drawn to things that are “new, offbeat, and risky”, mostly in areas like fashion, music, or consumer products. For example, I bought my Blackberry z10 shortly after it came out, in the midst a huge Apple/iPhone hype. Experiencers are said to find outlets for their energy in exercise, sports, and outdoor recreation, but I think my outlets are in other places. I exert my energy by expressing myself through the way I dress, my schoolwork, and by whom I choose to spend my time with. VALS also states that experiencers spend a “comparatively high proportion of their income on fashion, entertainment, and socializing”, which is definitely true for me. I undoubtedly spend more money on clothes, shoes, and accessories than anything else. Included in the list of experiencers’ favorite things is redbull, which I love; the fact that any person or company could pinpoint what type of drink a person likes from only a vague set of questions is actually pretty crazy. Overall, VALS was on point with their categorization of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment