Thursday, October 31, 2013

Online Assignment #2_Yadegar

   After taking the VALS survey I agreed with my outcome 100 percent. My primary VALS type is Experiencer, which I couldn't agree more with, while my secondary type is Innovator, which too seems very fitting. I'd like to think the claims that describe an Experiencer like being young, enthusiastic, finding a variety of excitement, being social, liking the outdoors, and finding ways to stay cool, all match parts of my persona. I love trying new things which fulfill my level of excitement, like going sky diving or trying some sort of offbeat foreign food. The same can be said about the social aspect of an Experiencer, I always strive to meet new people and talk to anyone I can that seems interesting. I think what is most fitting, is the Experiencers are described as having "their purchases reflect the emphasis that they place on looking good and having 'cool' stuff." I have a strong passion for staying up to date with the latest fashion, music, and social trends, and once reading the description of an experiencer I completely agreed with everything that was said. My secondary VALS was also right on the money, categorizing me as an Innovator. I take on the same leadership role that constitutes as being an Innovator. I like to take charge of situations, while at the same time motivating others to do their best. Out of all the descriptions of an innovator, this line seems the most appropriate in comparison of my life, "Image is important to Innovators, not as evidence of status or power but as an expression of their taste, independence, and personality."

No comments:

Post a Comment